Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Lesson Two: Good Time (Bass Solo w/ The George Duke Band)


 Hey Gang, here's a real world example of playing "Good Time". Its a short video of a bass solo I took live onstage with George Duke a while back. Check out my note placement versus where the drums and the rest of the band are playing. You'll hear me "ghost" some passages as well as play "straight time" with the funk lines I create. Try this type of soloing technique the next chance you get and you'll see first-hand what I mean. Enjoy!

Click the link below to view the YouTube video... Peace and Blessings, LK

2 comments:

  1. Developing a good sense of time is essential to any successful musician and especially for a bassist or drummer. It's like the classic Duke Ellington song say's... It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got that SWING!!! Peace, LK

    ReplyDelete
  2. Larry Wow I preach this all the time! I trust coming from a successful player like you; aspiring bass player will become musicians vs good bass players. God Bless!
    S. Pugh

    ReplyDelete